In office settings, where documents and forms need to be printed frequently and on demand, every second saved is valuable. The orthodox method to printing documents involves opening the document, clicking through the printer prompts, and then closing the document. Although not greatly inconvenient, these steps can be replaced with one easy, drag and drop method for quickly printing single copies of documents that saves time and clicks with every print. Essentially, you just set up a shortcut to your printer on your desktop. Then, to print, you just drag the document over the shortcut and release. Your computer will automatically open the document, print a copy, and then, in most cases, close the document.This is how you do it:
- Click on the "Start" icon and select "Control Panel."
- Double-click the “Printers and Faxes” icon.
- Right-click on the printer that you want to use and select “Create Shortcut”
- When prompted, click yes.
- Your Printer Shortcut should now be available on your desktop. Move it to an uncluttered and accessible location on your desktop.
- To print a copy of a document, just drag and drop the document onto the printer shortcut. You computer will automatically open the document, print one copy and close it.