When shopping for a new printer, it can be difficult to find an affordable option loaded with user friendly features that will not cost you an arm and a leg to re-supply with ink. One of the most common questions we get here at Inksell.com is: "What printer do you recommend to help save me even more money on ink?" It is in this spirit that we introduce this new segment. Every two weeks we will scour the printer world to find a printer worth recommending to our customers for its cost savings and extraordinary value. In each segment we will focus on a particular market, recommend an outstanding printer, and shed light on its features and cost of printing. And if you come across a printer that you think merits recognition, let us know about it. Shoot us an email with the model information and your thoughts so we can look into it.
This Week's Pick:
The HP LaserJet Professional P1102W
A Wireless Personal Monochrome Laser Printer
Generation after generation, HP has never failed to provide consumers with an affordable and reliable monochrome laser printer small enough to fit on a desk. In recent years, we have seen the LaserJet P1006 and the LaserJet 1012. Now, HP is rolling out the LaserJet Professional P1102W. Like its predecessors, the P1102W demands only a small footprint in your working environment, allowing it to sit on a desk or even fit on a bookshelf. Its wireless networking capability helps to reduce the burden on your available USB ports and allows the printer to be put in the most convenient location, regardless of its proximity to your computer. When installing the printer, it is necessary to plug it in via USB, but after that, anything goes. With HP Smart Install, the P1102W is plug and print ready; the printer's drivers are actually loaded on the printer as opposed to requiring a CD.
Besides wireless networking, the P1102W also boasts a 19ppm print speed, which amounts to 2 more ppm than the P1006. Also, its toner cartridge (CE285A) prints 100 more pages than that of the P1006. Even though the P1102W is rife with updated technology, its price can easily keep its features a secret. Right now you can order this printer for as low as $99 from HP's website. And, with Inksell.com eco-friendly remanufactured HP CE285A cartridges (@ $49.95 per cartridge), the cost of printing is only 3 cents per page.* Cost savings aside, an environmentally friendly feature worthy of mentioning is the P1102W's Auto-On/Auto-Off technology. The printer automatically goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity and re-awakens the moment you hit print. So, if it is time to replace a personal printer, either in the home or the office, and color printing is not a priority, the P1102W may just be the deal (or steal) of the year.
- HP Smart Install plug and print ready. Installing the printer with a CD is not necessary.
- Wireless (802.11b/g) networking.
- Print at speeds up to 19ppm.
- Prints at resolutions up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi (1200 dpi effective output)
- 150-sheet paper tray and 10-sheet priority input slot.
- Instant-on technology reduces energy use up to 50% while printing your first page sooner.
- Super-compact: 13.74 x 9.38 x 7.71 in
|Remanufactured HP CE285A|
- HP.com @ $99.00
- Office Depot@ $99.99
- Office Max @ $149.99
- Staples @ $149.99
- Best Buy @ $149.99
- "This small HP printer is better than I expected for money spend. Quick installation with no troubles, small-fits any space."**
- "Perfect for every day printing jobs."**
- "Worked first time out of the box. You do need a hard wire hook up for the first time but none after the drivers are set. I only have good things to say about mine."**
- "This was a snap to set-up and use. I was able to set my computer, my wives lap top and my daughters in a matter of minutes. BY the time I get up from my desk that page(s) have been printed. … Inexpensive and easy to use."**