When shopping for a new printer, it can be difficult to find an affordable option loaded with user friendly features that will not cost you an arm and a leg to re-supply with ink. One of the most common questions we get here at Inksell.com is: "What printer do you recommend to help save me even more money on ink?" It is in this spirit that we introduce this new segment. Every two weeks we will scour the printer world to find a printer worth recommending to our customers for its cost savings and extraordinary value. In each segment we will focus on a particular market, recommend an outstanding printer, and shed light on its features and cost of printing. And if you come across a printer that you think merits recognition, let us know about it. Shoot us an email with the model information and your thoughts so we can look into it.
This Week's Pick:
Canon imageCLASS MF4350d
An All-In-One Laser Printer
"There are relatively few experiments in atomic physics these days that don't involve the use of a laser."
~Eric Allin Cornell
So, why not use lasers in the home and office too? The Science Fiction pulps of the 1950s promised us hover cars, interplanetary vacations, video screens that replace walls, and LASERS! Well, at least we have the lasers... laser printers! Imagine the look on Johannes Gutenberg's face as you try to explain to him that you print with powder and lasers in the 21st century. "Ink, as well as yourself, Mr.Gutenberg, are anachronisms in our world!"
In the late 1970s through the early 1980s, Canon-world renown at this point for its optical products-shook the imaging industry as it introduced concepts for compact inkjet and laser imaging technologies to the world. HP would then go on to mass-market these devices in consumer electronics markets and change the way the world does everything. Today, HP is synonymous with printers, but Canon is still predominantly recognized for its optical products.
In the spirit of our last pick, we searched for a multifunction laser printer that combined features, economy, and value at an outstanding price. What we found is a Canon; the imageCLASS MF4350d. It can be purchased at most big-box retail stores for $149.99 and online for as low as $127.95. What makes this deal an undeniable value is its duplexing capabilities. It can print on both sides of a page, which reduces waste as it saves both paper and money. In addition to the paper savings possible with this printer, with Inksell.com eco-friendly remanufactured Canon 104 cartridges (@ $44.95 per cartridge) the cost of printing is only 2 cents per page*. So, hats off to Canon for this incredible eco-friendly machine! Gutenberg would be proud.
- Fax, Copy, and Scan unattended with the up to 35-sheet auto document feeder.
- Duplex (printing on both sides) capable: print, copy, or receive faxes duplexed.
- Up to 23ppm black; prints first page in 9 seconds.
- 33.6 Kbps Super G3 fax
- Prints monochrome text with resolution up to 1200 x 600 dpi.
- Color scans captured in 24 bit color at up to 9600 dpi.
- 250 sheet front-loading paper cassette.
- ENERGY STARŪ Qualified: energy saving mode uses approximately 3W of energy.
Laser Toner Cartridges: Canon 104
|Compatible For Canon 104|
|Canon 104||2-Pack Canon 104/FX9|
- Adorama.com @ 127.95
- Office Depot @ $139.99
- Staples @ $149.99
- Best Buy @ 149.99
- "I now have 2 of these in my office. It is simple to set up and it works and works."
- "It's fairly compact for the amount of functions it offers. It was a great price."
- "I love that it has everything combined. It was easy to set up and is easy to use."
- "Love it , super fast and smooth"
- "We love the duplex printing option and it has performed flawlessly since we have plugged it in."
- "It's big, it's burly, it's a miniature copying machine."
* based on 2000 pages at 5% page coverage
**available at Buzzillions.com